- These terms and conditions (“Terms”) are with reference to your participation in the Smash It Like Shubman
Contest (“Contest”). The Contest is being organized by Irelia Sports India Private Limited (“ISIPL”), the owner
and operator of the Gujarat Titans professional twenty20 cricket team (“Gujarat Titans”/“GT”).
- For the purpose of these Terms, “you” and “your” shall mean any individual who wishes to participate in the Contest.
By submitting an Entry (as defined herein), you unconditionally and unequivocally accept these Terms.
- Any person above 14 years of age and residing in India may enter the Contest (“Participant”) on their own
behalf only. Where any person between the age of 14-18 years seeks to participate in the Contest, such person shall require the consent of his/her parent/legal guardian and on the submission of an Entry, such consent shall be deemed to have been obtained by such person from his/her parent/legal guardian.
- No participation by proxy will be allowed.
- Each Participant is to upload one (1) video on Instagram featuring such Participant playing cricket shots
like Shubman Gill as featured in the Contest Video (as defined below) i.e., imitating the cricket shots of
Shubman Gill as featured in the Contest Video, using the hashtag #SmashItLikeShubman (“Entry”). It is clarified
that the video would be treated as the Entry of the Participant who uploads the video and who features in such video
playing cricket shots of Shubman Gill as featured in the Contest Video. Different Entries of the same video would not
be allowed; where the same video is uploaded by multiple Participants, none of the submissions will be considered.
“Contest Video” shall for the purposes of these Terms mean the video shared by ISIPL at the time of announcement of
the Contest, featuring Shubman Gill playing cricket shots, which is to be imitated by the Participants.
- Each Participant may submit a maximum of one (1) Entry for the Contest.
- For participating in the Contest, Participants will be required to follow GT’s official Instagram handle gujarat_titans on Instagram.
- Each Participant will be required to ensure that his/her Instagram account settings allow for public view of
the Entry until the time of announcement of the winner of the Contest. In the event ISIPL is unable to verify the
Entry due to incorrect account settings, the Entry will be considered invalid and voided.
- All Entries submitted must be free of any third-party restrictions regarding their use and publication.
Entries must be original, and no watermark of any kind should be present in the Entry.
- The Entries must not (i) infringe the intellectual property rights (or any other rights) of any
third party; (ii) in any manner be abusive, obscene, defamatory, harassing, vulgar, indecent,
libelous, racist, hateful, or threatening; and (iii) must not be in violation of applicable law.
ISIPL reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any submission if it believes that
the submission is in violation of the foregoing.
Entries will be judged on originality, concept, technical excellence, composition, overall impact,
and artistic merit by a judge/panel of judges designated by ISIPL. The judge(s)’ decisions are final
and binding with respect to all Entries, and no correspondence will be entered into concerning their decisions.
Opening and Closing Date
- The Contest shall open on 17 May 2023 at 20:00 IST and the close on 23 May 2023 at 23:59 IST.
- No Entries will be accepted once the deadline lapses i.e., once the Contest closes as set out under sub-clause a above.
- ISIPL shall not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other
issues which may result in any Entry not being properly registered or received.
- There will be five (5) winners in the Contest and the Participants adjudged winners will be announced on
the Gujarat Titans’ official social media handles.
- ISIPL will also notify each Participant adjudged a winner over Instagram DM, at the handle of the Participant
through which the Entry was uploaded. Each Participant adjudged winner will be required to complete such steps
as reasonably required by ISIPL to validate his/her victory and award the Prize (as defined below) such as the
furnishing of the delivery address for the delivery of the Prize.
- The prize for each Participant adjudged a winner (“Prize”) will be one (1) piece of GT fan merchandise,
as determined by ISIPL at its sole discretion.
- The timeline for the delivery of the Prize will be communicated to the winners by ISIPL post the announcement
of the winners. Participants acknowledge and agree that no undertaking or guarantee is afforded by ISIPL
on the timelines for the delivery of the Prize.
- ISIPL reserves the right to substitute any prize with another without providing any notice.
- The Participant adjudged the winner will be required to submit a video testimonial (“Testimonial”),
as requested by ISIPL, at no additional cost or charge to ISIPL.
- Intellectual Property/Third Party Rights: You must be the sole author and owner of the copyright for your Entry.
The submitted Entry must be original, and created by you. The Entry must not be, and must not contain any materials,
owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license, must not infringe the copyright,
trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, or
any applicable laws, rules or regulations, or terms of employment, terms of access, etc., which apply to you.
By entering the Contest, you hereby grant to ISIPL a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free
license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display, and otherwise exploit the Entry, including specifically for
- Indemnification: You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless ISIPL from and against all liability
and costs incurred in connection with any claims arising out of or relating to your participation in the Contest,
including but not limited to any breach of obligations, representations or warranties in these Terms, or any claim
arising out of any breach of a third party’s rights of any nature by you.
- Waiver: The Entry is entered in the Contest at your own risk and strictly in accordance with these Terms.
ISIPL bears no responsibility for any loss or damage incurred as a result of your participation in the Contest,
and you waive any claims against ISIPL in relation thereto.
- Breach of Terms: Any breach of the Terms will automatically void your Entry. If a breach of any of the Terms set
forth herein is discovered after the award of the Prize, then ISIPL has the right to require the return of such Prize
awarded to you/require the refund of the value of the Prize awarded to you (at ISIPL’s discretion), and you agree to,
return such Prize/refund the value of the Prize (as required by ISIPL). It is clarified that any depreciation in the
value of the Prize will be required to be made good by you on demand.
- Disclaimer: You acknowledge and agree that:
- (i) ISIPL shall neither be liable nor responsible for any actions or inactions of any third party and hereby expressly disclaims any and all responsibility and liability in that regard.
- (ii) ISIPL shall neither be liable nor responsible for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any Participant as a result of entering the Contest or accepting the Prize or any injury or damage to the Participant's or any other person's personal property including but not limited to a computer or mobile phone relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading/uploading any materials in connection with the Contest.
- (iii) The Prize will be awarded to the winner on an as is basis and ISIPL will neither replace or entertain any claims regarding its quality, delivery etc. The Prize cannot be exchanged for cash or any other benefit.
- Promotional Communication: You hereby agree to receive promotional and marketing communication including but
not limited to email communication/newsletters, WhatsApp messages, mobile SMS, call etc. from ISIPL from time to
time. You further expressly waive Do Not Call (DNC)/ Do Not Disturb (DND) registrations on your phone/mobile
numbers for contacting you for such promotional/marketing purposes.
ISIPL reserves, at its discretion, the right to: (i) vary these Terms without notice, including but not
limited to the opening and closing times for submission of Entries; (ii) withdraw, vary or substitute the
prize associated with the Contest; (iii) disqualify any entrant who breaches these Terms or has
acted fraudulently; or (iv) cancel the Contest at any stage.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Indian laws. Any disputes arising out
of or in connection with the Contest and/or your Entry will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction
of the courts of Ahmedabad, India.